Fund for the
Youth For Tomorrow’s Fund For The Unfunded provides the opportunity to serve children in crisis who are placed in our care without public or private funding and need our program services. At any given time, we are providing care to 85 - 110 children for whom no outside funds are available. They are our “unfunded” children - they are desperate - in crisis - and need our help.
- Victims of sex trafficking from around the country;
- Privately placed boys and girls from families living below the poverty line, whose behavior was so incorrigible that their parents/grandparents pleaded with us to help;
- Local children in our Behavioral Health programs from impoverished families.
- As a result of being homeless or from a failed foster care experience;
- Whose parent(s) abused them, abandoned them by default or imprisonment;
- Because a grandmother's plea to "save my granddaughter — and me;"
- When a FBI agent exclaims, "I have a young girl who is a victim of sex trafficking; she needs your help — and so do I;"
- As pregnant teenager, abandoned by her mother but doesn't qualify for public assistance, comes with a "friend" who pleads, "She has no one else to help, except me — and you;"
- From impoverished families within our local community and served by our Behavioral Health programs
These pleas from children and/or their families, from social workers and probation officers — just keep coming. They are children who represent desperate circumstances but for whom, all too frequently, there are no public funds available. Only through donations from the community — private citizens, corporations, foundations or churches — is YFT able to continue providing the necessary services to these desperate girls and boys.
Being able to provide children like these a safe and nurturing home, education and therapy, along with dramatically changing the direction of their lives is what we do. How can we turn even one of them away?We have only two choices:
- Accept them without funding, or
- Deny them admission and let them continue to self-destruct — largely through no fault of their own.
This year our "scholarships" to serve these children have increased to $509,000! Through generous support from our donors this year we have received $296,000 in donations generated at our special event fundraisers to help offset our costs for these children. Therefore, our shortfall as of today is $213,000. We are committed to raising the remainder before the end of the year. Any assistance you, our donors, are able to provide, will be graciously received and applied directly to the services we provide these children.
Friends, this is a real need. These are children in crisis, all depending upon you and other YFT donors to keep them in our beds, under our daily watch and care, and under the Lord's protection and grace.